NAS Data Recovery Singapore
Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices are normally connected to local network and are used in homes or small to medium size companies. They are cost-effective and allow multiple users to access the shared volumes for the purpose of backing up, sharing files or images across the LAN within a controlled environment.
There are usually multiple hard disks or solid-state drives within the NAS device. They have their own operating systems installed within (e.g: Linux OS). The NAS are often configured in different RAID systems such as RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, or 10 depending on the purpose, budget and the level of redundancies required to withstand NAS drive faults.
NAS data recovery is the service required when the Network Attached Storage becomes faulty or damage due to failures within the NAS devices. All users will no longer be able to access or share data across the network and work efficacy is hampered. It is at these times that the NAS data files should be restored safely and speedily.
You do not want to risk your data in the NAS or DAS as they need to be restored right first time. Data Recovery Singapore offers reliable SAN, DAS or NAS data recovery for Asustor, Qnap, Synology, Iomega, Buffalo and many other brands at affordable price.
7 Signs That Tell The NAS Is Failing
- Data transfer has slowed noticeably
- Missing folders and files were found
- Files cannot open or are corrupted
- Programs start to hang repeatedly or get terminated suddenly
- RAID error messages start to appear
- Database could no longer be accessed
- Unusual audible noises emitting from hard drives
The above signs can be due to failures of RAID structure, external power surges, main supply outages, improper shutdown or even severe malware infection. Other factors include malfunction of RAID controllers, mechanical and electrical failure in the hard disks.
10 Causes Of NAS Data Loss
- Failure of hard disks inside the Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Data deleted unknowingly or accidentally
- Inappropriate NAS handling where hard drives were removed and re-inserted into the different bays repeatedly
- Swapping of the sequence of hard disks that were originally configured
- Unknowingly re-initialization of hard drives that affected the data in the RAID arrays
- Re-configuring of NAS without the right skills, process and knowledge
- Overriding the original data and destroy the data and file structures within the NAS
- System crash due to operating system upgrade failure
- Accidental reformat of NAS volumes
- Unstable power surges resulting in severe corruptions
Some of the above actions could result in irreversible data loss. Be very careful when you handle the NAS after it had failed as further media damage is possible and data losses could also be permanent. Engage a reliable NAS data recovery company to perform the recovery safely for you.
Call our Data Recovery Hotline (+65) 6589 8578 and our experts will be right there to serve you and advise you on the next steps.
How to Maintain NAS Storage and Prevent Losing Precious Data
- Go to the NAS system dashboard and inspect the health of every NAS hard drives or SSD drives. They are usually in good working condition if the drive icons are green. Any amber or red icons alert should be attended to and get it resolved soonest.
- Note the RAID type the NAS system is running on as this would determine how fault tolerant the NAS is to the number of drives failing. Refer to our RAID server data recovery to know more about the fault tolerant level for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, 6 and 10 systems.
- Check that all connections are kept clean, free from dust and in good condition.
- Make backup copies of the data on the NAS storage drives.
By setting a regular monthly check on the health condition of your home and office NAS systems, you can prevent potential failures. Any issues found during regular checks can be nipped at the bud before it becomes a major issue where data recovery could be the only solution to get back the data.
In the event you do find any hard drive failing or faulty during your regular checks: Do not delay, take action promptly and get the failed drive replaced as soon as possible.
If you need help or advice on what or how to get it done, just pick up the phone and call Data Recovery Singapore at (+65) 6589 8578. Our NAS recovery experts will be glad to assist.
Common File Systems Recovery & Repair
The NAS storage devices usually employ various types of OS file system format such as:
- EXT 2 /3 /4
We recover all types of file systems. Call (+65) 6589 8578 to enquire.
NAS Brands Supported
|Synology||Asustor||Qnap||WD My Cloud||Iomega||Buffalo|
and many others…
Why Seek Professional NAS Data Recovery Help?
While you may be tempted to use DIY products online, these can be risky to use and sometimes do more harm than good to your NAS drives. The condition of the failed or crashed drive should be prevented from worsening. It is important to ensure that the data are reconstructed right first time.
When it comes to your data, you really don’t want to take any chances. It is prudent to contact a professional data recovery centre that specialized in NAS, DAS and RAID data recovery services to restore your data right first time.
Why choose Data Recovery Singapore?
Data Recovery Singapore is the reliable professional NAS data recovery service company, conveniently located in Singapore.
With many years of industry experience, our specialists provide effective solutions for all your network attached storage problems. We use the most advanced technology to detect the issues, ensuring that they are diagnosed thoroughly and the data are recovered right first time using the right methods.
Enquire about NAS Data Recovery Services
To find out more about our NAS data recovery services or to make an appointment to have your NAS or DAS evaluated, call our helpline (+65) 6589 8578.